5 Quick Tips for Staying Organized
1. Set Realistic Expectations: Not only for yourself, but for your spouse and children too.
2. Develop Daily Schedules: Schedules are not just for meetings and appointments.
- Create a cleaning schedule for the week. Here are a few of my favorite resources for creating a cleaning schedule that fits for you:
Every Day Cheer's Weekly Cleaning Schedule
Little Green Notebook's Cleaning Schedule (The very first schedule I used!)
Better Homes and Gardens' The Cleaning Routine You Can Stick To
Live Well Spend Less's How To Create a Cleaning Schedule That Works For You
- Plan meals for breakfast, lunch, and dinner on Sunday evenings. Interested in learning how meal planning works, check out these sites:
Modern Parents Messy Kids's Six Week Meal Plan. It's free if you sign up for their newsletter. And, it includes the grocery lists!
Meal Plans with Jenny Collier. 100 Advocare Friendly Recipes.
Check out Pinterest for endless amounts of posts on meal planning
Miss Menu's Meal Planner and Notepad
- If you're a stay-at-home or work-at-home parent, map out your day and post it in a high traffic area. Ours is on our fridge. 10 AM is structured activity, 11:30 is lunch time, and so. Kids love schedules and this allows both of you to know what is going to happen next throughout the day. Setting expectations!
4. Paper Planners vs. Smartphones: And how to use both.
I use my paper planners to keep to-do lists, mark appointments, make notes, etc. I like the ability to see the entire day/week/month at a glance. Plus, there is just something about putting pen to paper that makes me feel more organized! I use my iPhone to set reminders, store recipes I use on a regular basis (in case I'm out and need to pick up ingredients), and for the convenience of apps. I use apps for email, social media, entertainment in a pinch for kids, FaceTime, and maps for directions.
5. Give Frequently Used Items Permanent Real Estate in Your Home
For example, keys always go in the same spot. Eliminates starting your day off in a frenzy.
6. Eliminate Clutter With Storage Containers: Limited Space? Use Labeled Zippered Bags. I also love glass jars! Keeps the mess off your counter tops and it can double as decor, like this adorable idea from House to Home.
This post may contain affiliate links and/or sponsored content, please read my disclosure policy here.