2. Free Printable Gift Tags, Customized Note Cards, and Gift Labels - You can find tons of free printables on Pinterest but here's one from Free Printables Online.
Custom Note Cards come in handy for general snail mail like thank you notes but they are also perfect to include with a delivered meal, welcome gift, or when you mail a friend a fun treat!
Gift labels are one of my favorite things to keep on hand. They are easy to apply to a bottle of wine, a disposable container, gift bag, box, and cellophane bags or wrap.
3. Wrapping Paper and Gift Bags - I purchase most of my wrapping paper from Nashville Wraps, Paper-Mart, and Hobby Lobby after Christmas. I use very simple designs with solid colors so I can use them all year long and for pretty much anyone, for any occasion.
I have a stash of red and white polka dot paper from Hobby Lobby (similar to the red and white stripe paper from Ikea shown above & which I'm kind of obsessed with) that is absolutely adorable with a bright royal blue bow for little boys or hot pink ribbon for a girlfriend's birthday, but also can be used for Christmas gifts.
I'm not a huge fan of gift bags but keep them on hand for last-minute gift needs or the gift is odd shaped. Paper-Source's gift wrap section is a wonderful resource, especially for gift bags. They are my favorite!
I also always have a roll of kraft paper on hand. You can use kraft paper to wrap gifts, package items for shipping, make signs, cover tables for parties, and the list goes on and on.
4. Cellophane - I always have cellophane bags and a roll of cellophane wrap on hand too. You can package small items like baked goods or a coffee mug filled with special treats (as shown above thanks to Paper-Source) in the small bags and you can wrap things like large gift baskets with the rolls of wrap. The bags shown here are from Paper-Source but you can also purchase cellophane items at your local craft stores, online stores like PaperMart, and most major retailers.
5. Stock Up On Greeting Cards - Papyrus is my favorite greeting card company. I normally pick one card for occasions like these - kid birthdays, baby showers, pregnancy announcements, general birthdays, and new homes - and then buy multiples of each card. I keep them in the "card drawer" so we have them when we need them!
6. Double-sided tape, Extra-strength glue stick, Sharpies, and a very reliable pair of Scissors! - You can buy most of these items online at places like Dick Blick and Amazon. They can also be purchased at major retailers nationwide.
Click here to read all about the 31 Days of Gift Giving series.
Also be sure to "like" our Facebook page and follow us on Twitter for 31 Days of Gift Giving Social Exclusives!